Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Welcome to Africa!!

HI everyone, sorry this is the first post I've had in a very long time. With internet connections being so slow and all, its been difficult. We have, as you know, moved to Tanzania, and we are now is Language school, learning Swahili. Jamie already nows it and its been great for her to get reacquainted with it, but as for me its new, exciting, and a lot of work.
We've been here now for almost a month. The campsite we are staying at is a fantastic place, great for Junio to play in and everything. The food is great, the staff are really helpful, and will speak swahili to you if you want to, but also know at least some English. It seems to be a really good introduction in the culture. We study in the morning, and then have the afternoon to go into town or whatever. Town is about 12 km away.
One bummer, is our camera has broken. So the pictures will be scarse for awhile until we find something here or in the states ( and someone coming over). A friend of mine got it to work barely, with a bit of sauder and a piece of a pop can, but this is really a temporary solution. So much to say, Annabelle was sick with Malaria, she got the prize for being the first one. though, unfortunately the price was sleepless nights which Mom, Dad and Annabelle enjoyed together. But is all better now, and back to her happy healthy self, which is a huge blessing.
One of the most intersting things is that, here the stars are different, or at least certainly in different places. I'm no astronomer, you'll have to ask someone who knows ( like my dad), but they are really bright and different. just FYI.
I don't know what else to say, I hope to update this when I get into town every week, that way you all can stay more connected, eventually we might even have pictures we can post too. thanks for praying. see ya.

11 comments:

Ben Lang said...

Hey bro,
Good to hear you're doing well! Give the Kiddos a big hug from Unkie Benny and Auntie Em.

anywho, keep on keepin' on.

Ben

P.S.

Leah said...

Thanks for the update! So glad that everyone is doing okay and that Annabelle is fine! We are thinking and praying for you guys that everything will go as smoothly as possible! Take care!

The Brownes said...

Thanks for the update. We've been praying for Annabelle. Allie has been saying "pray sick baby An-belle" when we ask her what we should pray for at night. We will have to tell her that God has faithfully answered. Love to you all and God's rich blessings!

-April (for the Brownes)

robison_tommy said...

It is great to hear from you guys. A~lways know that we are praying for you. Give everyone a big hug from Babu and Bibi.

Rich & Lee said...

We are so happy to get your "Blog"! Praise God that Annabelle is well and that school is going good. God will continue to work out details for you.
Blessings, Love & Hugs BLH

Lorena said...

Jambo Rafiki! I am so glad you are enjoying your new life so far. We think about you guys often. Please tell Junio that Annelise misses him!
Love you guys
John & Lorena

PakaKen said...

How long does Annabelle have to take the Malaria medicine? All the while you are in Swahili school?
As for the constellations, from where you are located near the equator, most of the constellations from the southern hemisphere should be visible which are certainly not from Colorado. And yes the southern sky is considered much brighter than the northern sky.

Swisskaiser said...

It's so good to hear from you and what's going on in your lives! Reading about Malaria and Swahili...well, that makes me homesick. Not that Malaria is fun! But it's a part of African life. I'm very, very glad to hear that Annabelle is doing better.
I wish I could say some nice words in Swahili...but I've forgotten most of it. Not that I knew much in the first place. But still :-) All I can really remember is something like: Jesu wakupenda watoto. Am I right?
Love you guys!
Kwaheri!

nellmaymorgan said...

Hello Jamie and Jeremy! Glad to hear from you and that Annabelle is better!Things at walmart 6026 don't seem the same with you not there Jeremy! And things are much slower then last year at this time! They displaced about 50 people in our wearhouse! Today we ONLY had 4 trailers and NO Appointments! ME! I VTO!I sent you a song called "Esengo" it is a Congolese hymn. I am goingg to burn you a copy of this Selah CD Hiding Place that this song is ON OK? Let me know! "Angel's On Your Pillow's Too!"

nellmaymorgan said...

Hello Jeremy and Jamie and Children!
Glad to hear you all are having such fun! At least you Jeremy do not have to worry about UNLOADING Trailers here at 6026! Things are so much different then it was last year at this time! I myself have VTO a lot this year and I think my Body is trying to tell me it's TIME to retie!!

Rachel said...

It's so good to hear how you are doing!! Know that you guys are in my prayers. btw...Jamie...did you know that Dana Busekrus now Capps is pregnant??!!! Just wanted to pass along the exciting news.

Take care,
Rachel